What Is React Native App Development and How It Works for Business
Defining React Native Framework
React vs React Native
Strengths and Weaknesses
Alas, nothing is perfect in this world, and React Native is no exception. So that you can evaluate the capabilities of the framework and understand how to apply it in business, let’s weigh some of the major pros and cons React Native offers to customers and developers:
- Cross-platform performance. React Native was originally designed for iOS app building, but as the framework grew in popularity, Facebook engineers decided to adapt it for Android. Now we have a multi-purpose tool allowing us to reuse 90% of the code for seamless integration into another system. This is a key advantage of React Native and the reason why our developers deliver effective native applications several times faster. When we have a ready-made application, let’s say for iOS, its integration for Android will take just a few days of one small dev team’s work;
- Class performance. Hybrid apps emerged as an uncommon solution, but their performance was questionable and suffered from multiple lags. They were really convenient in theory but too heavy in practice. That all changed when React Native appeared on the horizon. Compiled into native code, new applications functioned in the same way on different platforms and didn’t require serious maintenance;
- Time works wonders. React Native Framework is relatively young and is yet to be fine-tuned. Thus, it can be problematic to build your own modules, as some custom modules are missing or need some improvement. In some cases, developers will need to create three separate databases instead of one. Nevertheless, we know first-hand this is not a common practice. You are likely to face this problem only when creating an app from scratch.
- There is a technological edge. Despite the fact that the framework incorporates many time-saving functions and simplified elements, you’ll still need to hire React Native developer. Expert assistance is crucial for optimizing processes and preventing all kinds of technical failures;
- The technology is now at its peak so nothing is threatening its existence so far. However, do not forget that this is Facebook’s project, and no one can be 100% sure about the future of the social media platform.
Native vs Flutter vs React Native
In fact, it doesn’t really matter what technology you pick to develop a standard business application. Otherwise, when dealing with CPU-heavy apps and animations, Flutter is still the most performing option. If your task is as simple as possible and aimed at a single platform, Native is just the right fit. But what can you do with React Native? You probably already know the answer – you can take full advantage of cross-platform superiority. In any case, each project requires expert assessment. One technology may perform better than another under certain conditions.
|Initial release||May 2017||March 2015|
|Programming language||Dart||Java Script|
|Platform support (stable)||Android, IOS||Android, IOS, Web Apps|
|App performance||Close to native||Fairly robust|
|UI||Proprietary customized widgets||Native components|
|Community & support||Limited, fast growing||Extensive|
|60+ fps support||Yes||Requires workarounds|
|Code reusability||Up to 90%||Up to 90%|
|JIT, AOT compillation||Yes||No|
|Used by||Google, Alibaba, Tencent, Reflectly||Facebook, Instagram, Uber, Salesforce|
Make the Most of the Native React with Pro Assistance!
The React Native framework is equipped with a specific set of functions and tools, but only a React Native app development company has enough expertise to leverage them all efficiently. Our team of professional developers will squeeze all out of the framework and optimize problematic technical glitches for your apps. For our part, we guarantee that customers will be able to enjoy a really native user interface that is easy to use and integrate in the shortest time possible.