How to Develop Custom Food Delivery Service
The fear of catching the coronavirus and government’s restrictions make retail business owners close shops, while people have to stay home. Today, when so many companies suffer and even go bankrupt because of the COVID-19 pandemic, someone has a real chance to make a profit. What companies got a good opportunity for development amid the general crisis? Let’s find it out.
People who stay in self-isolation prefer to refrain from visiting shopping centers. This is quite reasonable, since chances to become infected are higher where many people share the same space. Besides, due to mass panic, the most necessary products disappear, and many of us observe empty shelves where toilet paper and disinfectants should be.
On the other hand, food stores experience a decrease in customers’ activity too. Thus, the profit goes down.
It appears that both the seller, who loses profit, and the buyer, who risks getting infected and becoming a danger for others, suffer. In such a situation, a business can only survive by providing service development and delivery process of food products and ready-to-eat meals to customers’ homes.
The surest solution is home delivery app development. Today such applications are at the top of the most downloaded list. According to Apptopia, shopping applications, which were popular even before the pandemic, now have been downloaded 160%, 124% and 218% more times than before the epidemic.
Surely, a quality product food delivery app development company will benefit both customers and the developers.
Which Food Delivery Model to Choose?
How to develop a service delivery model? It depends on the goals of your project and on your requirements. It can be an international delivery service, or you can traditionally focus on your city or region. There are three categories of business models:
- Only order. Grubhub is an example of such a model, offering a food delivery service from any of the local restaurants it cooperates with. The process is as follows: the client makes an order in the application, the restaurant receives and delivers it on their own. For this, the application owner receives up to 15% from each order.
- Order + delivery. UberEats and DoorDash work in this format. This is profitable if the restaurant owner does not have the ability or desire to create their own courier delivery service, e.g. buy cars or motor vehicles.
- 3 in 1. This fully integrated business model works in a full cycle mode: it takes orders, prepares dishes, and delivers. One can only imagine the expenses of such a business, although the incomes are worth it.
Receiving orders and/or food delivery app development does not require huge investments, thus it is the best option for a startup. Let’s find out more about it.
Such an application is a restaurant aggregator that offers users the services of the nearest catering establishments. The system contains up-to-date information on menus, prices, user reviews, and allows restaurateurs to regularly expand the customer base, thus keeping the business going during the pandemic. The owner of such a platform should try to cover as many nearby restaurants as possible, including even very small eateries.
Here are some applications of this type:
The advantage of such a business is that it can be considered almost passive, because once everything is set up, the owner does almost nothing. A disadvantage is that the earnings are limited within local limits.
Order and Delivery of Food
This model involves logistic support and attracts owners of small restaurants who don’t have enough funds to organize a delivery service. In this case, the owner of the platform will have to deal with both staff and transport. The process is as follows:
- the client places an order in the application, their payment is authorized;
- the restaurant starts cooking and once the food is ready, calls a courier;
- the courier delivers food and, once it’s confirmed, the payment is debited.
This costs up to 30% of the order for a restaurant. The customer pays for delivery separately from the food.
Here are apps that use this scheme:
How to Make a Food Delivery Website
There are two ways of delivery service app development. The easiest option for a beginner is to buy a clone script. We offer ready-made software that will ensure the implementation of your business plans:
- Flipdish is the best option for a separate restaurant, cafe, shops selling takeaway food. The functionality supports not only order management but also sales analytics, and a loyalty program. The program costs $485.
- Orders2.me – software for restaurants, which combines online ordering and marketing. It can accept orders via Facebook, Mobile, and Web. The price is $89 monthly.
- SpeedLine Pizza POS – software with advanced features. Besides the standard functions, it identifies callers, including address and delivery route.
Developing your own application for taking orders and delivering food is an option for those who have certain experience along with great ambitions. This requires some time and more investment.
To make sure the result meets your expectations, you can hire the best food delivery app development company.
Axisbits guarantees the development of a website or application for the restaurant business in the shortest terms, despite the difficult conditions of Covid-19 pandemic and its restrictions. We are ready to guarantee successful remote work. Feel free to contact us and we will help you find the best solution in any situation.