Build an app like Uber Eats to make a fast-growing business in 2020
The food delivery app industry is evaluated at $32 billion as of 2020. Mobile applications made the online ordering process comfortable and accounted for 43 percent of all standing orders. The ease of online ordering capability makes people order more.
Uber Eats is the best among other young apps, and it is an undoubted success. 100 million active customers per month have generated $536 million in revenue. The Uber X model is promising for aspiring entrepreneurs.
But you need to find out how this startup turned into an industry giant. And, if you want to make an app like Uber Eats, this guide will be useful for you.
Uber Eats Business Architecture
Food delivery apps like Uber Eats bring together the restaurant, the courier, and the client with their platform. The Uber Eats app is both an aggregator and a delivery envoy. The app has two functions:
- All partner restaurants listed in one app;
- Orders executed through a well-developed logistics network.
Uber Eats Paradigm in Simple Terms
Uber’s commerce framework is completely market dependent. Apps like Uber Eats make money from restaurant partners, clients, and ad revenue. Uber Eats has a fixed shipping fee, although it can be changed during rush hours.
Uber Eats charges a commission for each order. In some countries with fierce competition, the percentage may vary, but it’s never less than 20%. Extra income comes from the organizations that spend money to be the first in the search list.
- Food Merchant Aggregation. Uber creates accounts for sellers who want to promote their products in the app. For each successful order, they charge a commission of 20-30%.
- Sponsored content. The partner restaurant pays to have their proposals highlighted in the top search. The client will see the top traders who pay extra for a place at the top first.
- Orders. UberEats promotes its application using many channels, where it attracts new customers. And also it offers amazing discounts on new markets.
The Profit of Food Delivery Apps Like Uber Eats
Uber Eats is a well-liked food delivery platform founded by Uber in 2014. Orders can be made on the Uber Eats website or using the smartphone app. It determines the user’s location and displays a list of the closest places that are currently working. The client chooses from an extensive catalog of offers and menus. After the order, Uber Eats collects the purchase from the supplier and delivers it to the client.
- Ultrafast Delivery. Uber Eats delivers orders within 30-40 minutes. It is based on the rule “Prepared meals shouldn’t travel around the city.”
- No least order concept. The client can order both a hot dog and a full menu. Any order is accepted regardless of cost.
- Current customer base. One of the most valued assets. Thousands of loyal Uber users can become potential Uber Eats customers.
- Better use of Uber resources. Companies have cars and couriers, plus a competent management system for them.
- Top algorithm. The Uber Eats app algorithm does an excellent job of managing, distributing, and sending orders.
The advantages of a similar food delivery app:
- Order tracking.
- Individual approach.
- Customizable transfer information.
- Top search filters.
The UberEats service includes:
- A website.
- Android and iOS apps.
- A mobile app for couriers and Uber drivers.
- An administrative panel for the operators and the caterers.
UberEats App Development Techno Pack
Before you build an app like Uber Eats, you need to understand your goals. More precisely, from the perspective of commerce and the functionality of a smartphone application. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What is the main purpose of your app?
- How will you be earning your income?
- What is your target audience?
- Which region will your application serve?
- What will be the marketing strategy?
- How will you be attracting clients?
- What features will you include in your application?
The capacity of the real-time food-ordering concept makes Uber Eats business development a promising investment. But, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you need to follow all the latest trends. You can choose the template «Order & Delivery» or «Order Only». To make the application multifunctional, think about adding integration with social networks.
An equally important element is the admin panel, which is also used as a CRM and a dashboard for managing and controlling the processing of orders. The application allows catering assistants to manage their prices, menus, and offer discounts to clients.
The initial phase is the first stage and includes such elements as:
- Workable functions.
- UX / UI product design.
- App Prototype.
With the MVP app, you can generate ideas for your target users and add supplemental specs in the second step of Uber Eats app development.
If you have decided on the functionality of the application, you will need a skilled Uber Eats app developer. Our experts will provide you with the most powerful set of technologies so that you can start your business fast.
With modern online food delivery applications, businesses can quickly adapt to growing opportunities and consumer expectations. If you need help to develop an Uber Eats clone, Axisbits is happy to help you with your future app.
Remember: a spoon is dear when lunchtime is near, so use your chance to create a successful food delivery business while quarantine is still in force, and this service is in high demand.
For the record: Uber Eats’ road to fame took 10 years, but you don’t have to wait this long!