While working on an application, it is important to find the correct application type. Native, hybrid, and web app development have a lot of differences that must be taken into account. Attention should be paid to the accessibility of the information on different devices and the impact of the type on the app’s user experience.
Native Apps vs Mobile Web Apps vs Hybrid Apps
Native apps’ aim is to be used on a certain platform or device. This type of application works more quickly and correctly because they are optimized for a certain operating system. Native apps access to the hardware of the devices. That means that the geolocation, microphone, camera, contact book, and accelerometer are used in the apps’ functions.
In essence, a web app is a website with partially developed pages. The final content of these pages is determined by the user’s request. A mobile app is created for mobile devices and adapted for Windows, Android, or iOS. At the same time, hybrid solutions may pack some features of both native and web solutions. Now let’s look at this issue in more detail.
Native App vs Web App
Native mobile apps are installed on devices and take up a certain amount of memory. They can be downloaded through the app store of a particular platform. Native apps have one important advantage: their development can be based on the individual requirements of the customer. Thus native apps are convenient for users.
The major benefits of native apps include:
- It is easy to assess the effectiveness of the entire app or its individual functions because data on users’ actions can be collected and analyzed very quickly.
- It is useful for businesses because such apps allow customizing loyalty programs or promotions. For example, users can receive notifications when they are near a physical store or other business structures.
- Native apps are recognized as the closest to users’ needs and interests. From time to time developers copy native apps’ features and try to transfer them to web apps. But unfortunately, the design and speed of work fall short.
Admittedly, native apps have some downsides:
- They have to be approved by every app store.
- To create a good quality app, you need to invest a lot.
As opposed to native products, a web solution is used in combination with a web browser on the consumer’s device. If web apps have a good design that includes zooming and scrolling, they will come very close to the work of native apps. They can be called personalized websites.
Web solutions also have two sides to their coin.
- you don’t have to wait for a web app to be approved by app stores;
- they are faster to develop;
- this type of apps is easy to maintain;
- they can run on any platform.
- it may be difficult for users to search web solutions (since they are not listed in app stores);
- security control is very low because these types of apps are used over the network;
- there is only superficial access to device functionality. They cannot offer a personalized experience like native apps.
Every type of app has its upsides and downsides. Therefore, the choice of the app directly depends on the purpose of its use.
Hybrid App Development Facts You Should Know
Hybrid solutions can be installed on smartphones and are found in app markets. A hybrid app looks exactly like its native counterpart, but it works through WebView, a simplified browser.
Among the major advantages of hybrid software is the possibility to create visually rich projects (for example, games). A hybrid product works the same way across a number of platforms, so the developers are not limited to one platform. Two nice bonuses of hybrid apps are their functionality and the possibility of personalization.
But there are also some cons. If hybrid apps don’t work well, app stores can reject them. You need more resources and more effort to create hybrid apps in comparison with web apps. And if we are looking to achieve a more in-depth product, opting for a native application should be the best route to take.
If you want to achieve maximum results, you need to work with professionals. The best way to get a product that satisfies your requirements is to find reliable profiled specialists. We have savvy programmers who can offer you top-of-the-line web app development services, hybrid product creation, and other services. If you want a personal approach to your project, feel free to contact us at any time.